Welcome to the Civil Service Examination Blog

Ads

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Error on Globe Postpaid Plan 999 Galaxy Note 3 + Gear cashout?

I am a satisfied user of the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 (the original phablet) for almost 2 years now, it nullified the needs for my tablet, ipod touch, and blackberry phone when I bought it (sold all three). Although the phablet still suffice my mobile needs, I can't help but drool at the new Galaxy Note 3 with its newest hardware which makes it the speediest beast  available in the market today. Not only is it on the top of the benchmark with its Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (LTE version) CPU and 3GB RAM and 32GB Flash Memory (expandable with upto 64GB MicroSD Card) , it deliver a full HD screen with 388 ppi, much crispier than the Original Note, which display I absolutely liked. I am also a fan of the S Pen technology, especially with its recent development, another reason to upgrade AND the upgraded camera, 13MP with digital stabilization.

So, having decided to buy a the new Samsung Galaxy Note 3, I waited for Globe Telecom, my personal choice of carrier here in the Philippines (since I have been a loyal user ever since I was handed a Nokia 3315 cellphone merely 10 years ago), to release the phone on their Postpaid Plan.

In their offer, see page: http://beta.globe.com.ph/galaxy-note3, for an ordinary worker like me, the Note 3 is best selected with the Plan 999 unlisurf with 800 monthly cashout totalling to a P1,799 monthly payment.

BUT because there is an option to get the new Samsung Galaxy Gear, the Smart Watch to accompany your Note 3 so you won't need to pull it out of your pocket every time there is a notification or a call, you'll start to think if you can afford one and here is where the error/controversy happens. The cashout does not add up accordingly.

So it seems, that if you want the Samsung Galaxy Gear, it is best to buy it not from GLOBE with your postpaid plans. If you find the difference for Plan 999, 24 Months lockin (38,600 - 19,200) you'll be buying the Galaxy Gear for 19,400, which is a lot considering that the Smart Watch retails only for 13,000+, which do not make sense and it would be very dumb to select the Note 3 + Gear on the Postpaid plans. If you continue comparing the prices the Smart Watch is worth 14,900 on the average except for Plan 999 - 24 months and Plan 999 -30 months  with 19,400 and 18,700 accordingly.

With what I discovered, I believe that the Plan 999 Note 3 Only Postpaid Plans is a Promo, that is why if you add up the gear, you'll get its original price. So I would suggest to not get the gear with the Plan 999.

No comments:

Post a Comment